Last week, Amber Rudd hosted a special event in Parliament for the Hastings International Piano Competition.
The Hastings International Piano Concerto Competition is one of the UK’s premier classical competitions, and will take place in the creative hub of Hastings, one of the UK’s most vibrant British coastal towns from Thursday 21 February to Saturday 2 March 2019.
During the reception, it was announced that the HIPCC has entered into a five year partnership agreement with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra as the Competition’s Resident Orchestra. Going forwards, it was also announced that the competition will become biennial, with alternate years having a Festival of Piano.
Amber Rudd MP commented:
“I was pleased to host a special event in Parliament launching the HIPCC with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. I have enjoyed the competition over the years and it is great to see such immense talent coming to Hastings.
“We are proud to have such a vibrant and creative town in Hastings. Celebrating classical music has made this town a strong hub for musicians, ensuring the support of local, national and international bodies.
“It was a great pleasure to hear from HIPCC’s Chief Executive and Artistic Director about the 2019 Competition and the plans for the future. I look forward to seeing the competition continue to excel in the future.”
The winner of the 2019 competition will receive a cash prize of £15,000 and the opportunity of engagements with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and local, national and international recitals.
Notes to editors:
- HIPCC takes place from Thursday 21st February – Saturday 2nd March 2019
- Finalists will perform on 1st 2nd March 2019 with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- The 2019 winner will receive a cash prize of £15,000
- Entries were received by 176 pianists from 26 countries
- The competition becomes Biennial in 2019
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/hastingspianoconcerto
- Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/HastingsConcertoCompetition