Following on from the recent Care Quality Commission ‘good’ rating given to Integrated Care 24 (IC24), for the service provided in the GP Led Health Centre, the constituency MP, Amber Rudd took the opportunity to visit the team on Friday 17th February 2017. The centre serves over 183,000 patients and is open for registered and non-registered patients between 8am and 8pm 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Lorraine Gray, Chief Operating Officer at IC24, greeted her along with Mariann Cleverley, Associate Locality Director for the area.
The GP Led Health Centre provides care to both patients who: do not have a registered GP practice; who would attend Accident and Emergency if the walk-in centre did not exist and those who are registered patients of the centre.
Commenting, Mariann Cleverley, Associate Locality Director of IC24 said:
“We are delighted to receive such a positive rating by the Care Quality Commission and for the visit from our local MP.
“The Hastings staff deserve great credit for providing a highly effective service, often performing above the national average. Ultimately, this means patients are getting quicker access to the care and support they so vitally need.
“It is particularly pleasing that over 9 in 10 people would recommend the service to their family and friends.”
Amber Rudd MP said:
“The enthusiasm and support that the staff provide at the walk-in centre is exemplary, and having the opportunity to see first-hand how this service operates allows me as the local MP to better serve my constituents. I am confident that any user of this service will receive a good level of treatment and compassion.
“Thank you to the staff of Integrated Care 24 who assiduously showed me around the centre. I look forward to hearing about how the service develops over the next year.”
Inspectors visited the service in July and published their report, which holds a number of findings:
- The practice saw 98% to 99% of patients using the walk in service within two hours.
- Patients felt they were treated with compassion, dignity and respect and were involved in their care and decisions about their treatment.
- The service performed well when judged by its patients:
- Of the patients who took the ‘Friends and Family Test’ on the NHS Choices website, 95% said they would recommend the practice to their family and friends.
- 77% of patients found it easy to get through to the practice by phone. This was 4% above the national average.
- 84% of patients were able to get an appointment to see or speak to someone the last time they tried. This was in line with the national average.
Notes to editors:
- Amber is pictured with one of the nurses at the walk-in centre
- For more information, please contact Gilly Carliell 07841 498686 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CQC report can be found at www.cqc.org.uk
- About IC24:
- As a not-for-profit gold social enterprise, IC24 are passionate about making a difference to our patients, people and partners. We have no shareholders and are a true NHS Partner.
- IC24 delivers a range of out-of-hospital urgent care services, including GP-led out-of-hours and NHS 111.
- More information about IC24 can be found here