Amber Rudd, MP for Hastings and Rye, has welcomed the news that two good causes in her constituency have received funding from players of the People’s Postcode Lottery.
Congratulating the organisations, Ms Rudd said:
“I’m delighted to hear that two good causes have received funding from players of the People’s Postcode Lottery, namely Education Futures Trust and The Groundwork South Trust.
“My thanks go to players of People’s Postcode Lottery, as this award will make a real difference to the local community.
“I also encourage any other local groups and charities needing additional project funding to consider applying to the Postcode Community Trust, the Postcode Local Trust or the People’s Postcode Trust when the next funding round opens. This type of funding can help you achieve more for your charity and the local community.”
- Education Futures Trust have received £19,398 from the Postcode Local Trust for their Without Walls: The Firs Development project. The funding will enable vulnerable adults to gain the skills to transform derelict land into an outdoor learning centre for children and families.
- The Groundwork South Trust have also received funding from the Postcode Lottery Trust of £20,000 for their Hastings Country Park Amphitheatre classroom, an exciting education and community space which is the first of its kind in the park.
Commenting Malcolm Fleming, Head of Public Affairs for People’s Postcode Lottery said:
“We are delighted that our players are helping to fund thousands of local charities and community groups across the country, including those in Hastings and Rye. People’s Postcode Lottery was established to raise funds for good causes. Supporting the excellent work of local organisations can help them make a huge difference to the causes and communities they serve.”
To date, players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £393 million for over 5,500 good causes across Great Britain.
Local charities and community groups can apply for funding from the Postcode Community Trust, the Postcode Local Trust and the People’s Postcode Trust. The next funding round opens on 31st July. For more information, please visit the trusts’ websites:
People’s Postcode Lottery
- People’s Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charities and good causes. People play with their chosen postcodes for a chance to win cash prizes. A minimum of 32% from each subscription goes directly to charities and good causes across Great Britain and internationally -- players have raised £393 million so far. For details of the charities and good causes which are promoting and benefitting from the lottery draws, please visit https://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/good-causes/draw-calendar
- It costs £10 a month to play and winning postcodes are announced every day. The maximum amount a single ticket can win is 10% of the draw proceeds. For details, please visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes
- New players can sign up to pay using direct debit by calling 0808 10 9 8 7 6 5. New players who sign up online at www.postcodelottery.co.uk can pay using direct debit, debit card or PayPal.
- Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licence numbers: 000-000829-N-102511 and 000-000829-R-102513. Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR
- Follow us @PostcodePress